If you have a dull complexion or wrinkles, you may have dehydrated skin. Dehydration is a major cause of skin that looks lifeless and acts damaged.
Just like we need water to keep our body’s internal organs working properly, we require water for healthy skin – our largest organ.
Let’s dive in to keep your skin properly moisturized, because a body that is well-hydrated functions better.
Quench Your Thirst Beautifully With Infused Water
Water is a vital substance for the human body. Many people underestimate its importance, however, and make the mistake of thinking that drinking coffee, tea or sports drinks adequately hydrates the body. Nothing replaces good old H2O.
If you don’t care much for the taste of… nothing, then you can add a squirt of lemon, a squeeze of lime, a few sprigs of fresh mint or a cucumber or orange slice.
Here are some tips to quench our thirst with infused water:
Ingredients: Choose organic when you can. Wash produce and rinse herbs to remove chemicals, pesticides, and other residues.
Water: Use cold or room temperature filtered water. Hot water makes produce fall apart faster and can compromise the nutrients you’re trying to coax out of the ingredients.
Vessels: Glass, plain and simple. You can splash out for purpose-built infusing pitchers and bottles, but you don’t have to. Spend on fresh produce instead.
You can even be so bold as to add a few berries or watermelon into your mason jar vessel. What ever gets you to drink it up.
Important roles that H20 plays within our body:
• Transporter: Once a substance is dissolved in water, water becomes very important for transporting it throughout the body. For example, blood, which is 83 percent water, transports oxygen, CO2, nutrients, and more from cell to cell.
• Protector: Water washes away dirt and grime in your eyes. It even lubricates and cushions your joints.
• Chemical Reactor: We use it to digest food in the gastrointestinal tract, to access stored energy for muscles and organs, and for countless other reactions.
• And of Course, Coolant: The most important way water regulates our body temperature is through sweat. Sweat is a way for the body to cool itself down. When we sweat, it evaporates on our skin, drawing heat away from the body and cooling us down.
Anushka Moore from Mascara Every Saturday puts it into perspective: “If your skin is oily, its because you’re not drinking enough water. If your skin believes it feels dehydrated no matter what moisturiser you use, it tries to over compensate for the lack of moisture by producing its own – aka oil. However, the more water you drink, the more hydrated your skin feels, the less it feels compelled to moisturise it on its own with natural oils. Drinking 2-3litres of water on a day guarantees your skin will be less greasy and more supple and hydrated.”
So however you drink your water it’s a vital part of our body and skin.
Use Water Boosting Skin Products
It’s important to keep your skin hydrated, products with hyaluronic acid can store up to 1,000 times its weight in water, which means when you put in on your skin, it helps to keep water inside.
In addition to our FDA-Cleared microcurrent facial-toning devices we offer hydrating skincare products that include hyaluronic acid that leave your skin feeling incredible.
1.Prep-N-Glow Cleansing Cloths
Prep-N-Glow Dual-Sided Cloths are the ultimate beauty triple threat – cleansing, exfoliating and hydrating.
The dual-sided cloth removes makeup and impurities while the micro-dots provide gentle exfoliation. Enriched with hydrating hyaluronic acid as well as skin-protecting antioxidants and minerals for beautifully refreshed, radiant-looking skin.
- Soft cotton lace removes makeup, dirt and oil
- Polishing micro-dots exfoliate
- Hydrates with Hyaluronic Acid
- Infused with luxe anti-aging ingredients
- Oil, Alcohol, Paraben and Sulfate-free
- Individually packed for optimum Potency
Spritz a hydrating mist on your skin and body to refresh your skin and boost your NuFACE treatment.
The ultimate anti-aging, 3-in-1 mist! Optimizing Mist is infused with Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Vera to optimize, refresh and hydrate the face and body.
This spray moisturizes and hydrates leaving skin soft and silky. This can go on before, during and after your microcurrent facial lift.
- Hyaluronic Acid hydrates the skin by maintaining moisture in the connective tissue, alleviating wrinkles and fine lines.
- Aloe Vera provides oxygen to the cells, strengthening the skin tissue, which helps keep skin smooth and moist.
- Keeps skin moist during NuFACE Treatment, allowing the NuFACE device to easily glide across the skin.
- Refreshes and hydrates skin throughout the day.
Pro Tip: Optimizing mist also works as a convenient setting spray to set your makeup.
3.The Infusion Lifter Serum
This skin care staple will lift and tone aging and sagging skin, while reducing skin discoloration due to sun damage, aging and acne scarring. Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, takes charge over free radicals and repairs damaged skin while lifting and toning.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps to keep skin smooth and “plump” through its ability to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water.
- Vitamin C has been shown to be a key component in the protection of collagen fibers. This unique concentration of Vitamin C will help stimulate cells to produce collagen and tighten the dermis layer.
Apply evenly over the entire face, neck and décolleté area. Use after the NuFACE Smoother Infusion Serum and before the NuFACE treatment.
Our lifter helps achieve maximum lift and brightening using the antioxidant power of Vitamin C while supremely hydrating the skin with hyaluronic acid.
These three products are enriched with hydrating ingredients for beautiful, healthy skin.
MORE WAYS TO HYDRATE
Drinking water and moisturizing your skin is a great way to keep stay hydrated. We’ve compiled 5 more ways to make sure your skin stays dewy all of the time!
- Using a humidifier will keep your skin from dehydrating overnight. It will also help you sleep better and it’s good for your respiratory system too.
- Most fruit has high water content and it also has the vitamins and minerals that you and your skin need to stay healthy as well
- Hot water will also strip the oils from your skin, so don’t spend too long in scalding hot showers or baths. The hot water might feel lovely and relaxing, but it’s not going to help you keep your skin hydrated at all.
- Omega-3 fatty acids provide the building blocks that your body uses to produce the oils on your skin. Add more salmon and oily fish to your diet and you’ll be doing your heart a favor, as well as improving the hydration of your skin.
- Olive oil is not just for cooking! Try massaging some olive oil into your skin, before you shower or bath, and it will help to stop the warm water and soap drying your skin out.
Your skin should always feel moisturized and with these tips we hope it does! With different ways to incorporate infused water and NuFACE skincare products that are perfect for your everyday skincare routine we know you will have amazing skin in no time. Share with us other ways you keep your skin hydrated.
ALWAYS BE IN THE KNOW
If you want to be the first to know about new posts to the Current Beauty blog, join our friends list to receive an email a couple times per month with a quick link.